Uplands Preparatory School
“85 years of excellence”
Under the auspices of the Anglican Church, Uplands Preparatory School has been in existence for over 85 years. From its humble beginnings the school has grown to become one of the most prestigious preparatory schools in South Africa.
Many British citizens after 1919, flocked to the area, the idea of a private English medium school in White River was conceived. Miss Matilda Fuller was approached and she opened her home to the first six pupils in 1928.
On the retirement of its founder and namesake, it moved to the Uplands Estate, and changed its name to Uplands School in 1956
With the growth of the school to close to 450 pupils under some of the most nurturing Headmasters, Uplands stays an established school with new ideas.